Dr Sanguan Kunaporn, has a well-known and well-deserved reputation in plastic surgery, and particularly in the field of Male-to-Female Gender Reassignment surgery. In Thailand Doctor Sanguan trained under the guidance of Doctor Preecha Tiewtranon, regarded by the Transgender community as the pioneer of Gender Reassignment surgery. He studied and trained in America before opening the PPS clinic in Phuket.
Dr Sanguan expertise has been heavily documented over the past decade with extensive media coverage, including documentaries on the National Geographic Channel (internationally), MDR (Germany), ABC (Australia), Star TV (Hong Kong) and 20/20 (New Zealand). These programs have given transgendered clients the opportunity to pass on their personal experiences and their decision making process in undertaking Gender Reassignment Surgery.
His plastic surgery experience extend to be a sought after plastic surgeon for Breast Augmentation and Abdominal surgeries such as Tummy Tucks.
“I guess just about everyone thinks that their surgeon is the best. All I can say is that it’s difficult to imagine anyone better than Dr. Sanguan and his staff at Phuket International Hospital. Everyone was so kind, considerate, gentle, and good humored. And the standard of care was second to none.”
Dr.Sanguan Kunaporn, M.D
- Breast Surgery
- Abdominoplasty Surgery
- Transsexual Surgery
- Gender Reassignment Surgery
Dr Sanguan Education and Degrees
- Chulalongkorn University Medical School, Bangkok, 1978-1982 – B.S.
- Chulalongkorn University Medical School, Bangkok, 1982-1984 – M.D.
- Qualification Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 1984
- Internship: Rayong Hospital, Rayong, 1984-1985
Dr Sanguan Experience
- General practitioner: Koh Samui Community Hospital, Koh Samui, Suratthani, 1985-1988
- Residency training: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Chulalongkorn Hospital, 1988-1991
- Full Time Plastic Surgeon, Vachira General Hospital, Phuket, Thailand, 1991-1999
- Plastic Surgeon, Phuket Plastic Surgery 1992-present
- PConsultant Plastic Surgeon, Phuket International Hospital 1992-present
- Founding Plastic Surgeon, Phuket International Aesthetic Center 2006-present
Dr Sanguan special interests include:
- Instructor and Lecturer in Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery, Department of Surgery, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) Medical college and Vajira Hospital, Bangkok, 2006-2011
Dr Sanguan International Experience:
- Fellowship: Tampa Craniofacial Center, Tampa, Florida, USA, 1991
Dr Sanguan Scientific Activities:
- CFree tissue transfers; A way to do it., Chula Surgical Proceeding, ISSN 0857-314X, page 93-96
- Alar nasi reconstruction by free vascularized chrondrocutaneous Composite ear flap, 2nd Triangular TST meeting in Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery, 1994
- Free vascularized osteocutaneous fibula flap; unusual techniqueIn anastomosis with vein graft, 2nd Triangular TST meeting in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1994
- Transsexual, Law and Medicine in Thailand, Journal of Asian Sexology, Volume 2, June 2001
Dr Sanguan Honours and Awards:
- Outstanding Resident in Surgery, 1991, Department of Surgery, Chulalongkorn University Thailand.
- Local Chairperson, 6APC-ICPRS, Phuket, Thailand, 1996
- Secretary (Thailand) International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
Dr Sanguan Certification and License:
- Medical Licensure: Medical Council of Thailand, 1984, #12287
- Thai Certified Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1991
Dr Sanguan Memberships in Professional Societies:
- Thai Medical Council
- The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive surgery of Thailand
- The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of Thailand
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)